I’ve read about hair lamination masks that promise to make your hair super healthy and shiny. I know one of the main ingredients is gelatin, but has anyone actually ever tried this? And did it work? Thanks in advance
@annieb yes, it totally works, especially if you have thicker and curlier hair! It’s such a simple thing to do as well, and believe the hype - your hair will be suuuuper shiny!!
This is the recipe I use, and I do this about twice a month, sometimes more, sometimes less!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or any other oil you may have on hand
- Heat the water in the microwave or on the stove top just until boiling.
- Add your gelatin to the warm water and stir well until dissolved.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Apply the mask to dry hair while it’s still warm (don’t wait too long), otherwise your gelatin will solidify and you’ll have to start all over again.
- Concentrate especially on ends and saturate hair well.
- Cover your head with a wet, hot towel and leave on for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Blow dry and see the difference!
The first time I tried a hair gelatin mask (that’s what I call it because the word lamination sounds weird for hair?), it didn’t do anything for me. It was all clumpy, and then took forever to get out of my hair. But then I realized I was an idiot and didn’t read the instructions properly
So you have to be very careful when you mix the gelatin into the warm water…making sure that 1. it’s completely dissolved, and 2. you apply it quickly before it gets all gunky. So the second time I did it, I did it right, and man oh man did it ever leave my hair soft and shiny! def try it because the results will be weelll worth it!
How have I never heard of this?!? Sounds like it would be just what I need!! Do you happen to have a before and after pic though? Just wanted to see the results
@jamielynn44 ahhh I don’t of myself, sorry I’ll try to remember to take a pic next time I do the treatment!! I found a few pics online though…just not sure how “real” they are, but that’s pretty much what the difference looks like for me!
I think I may totally try this today…will also try to post some pics so wish me luck ladies