Acne scar remedy?

In ur opinion, what is the best way to get rid of acne scars? I’ve tried a few things, but I have some pretty big scars from a long time ago that just won’t seem to budge :frowning:
If you’ve had any success with any sort of topical creams, natural remedies, etc, please share!!

I was in the same boat as you and honesty, nothing really worked until I just said to hell with it, and got a dermabrasion procedure! You may have to do a few sessions, depending on the depth and the amount of the scars, but I swear it’s SO worth it! Scars are completely gone and I can finally be comfortable in my own skin for once.

Bio-oil has worked WONDERS for my skin, and I had some serious acne scars, but it does take quite some time and u have to be very consistent with it! I’d say apply, apply, apply every single night for at least 2 months and then you’ll start seeing results!

Acne scars are surely a very annoying thing. They take away much of the charm as well as the confidence of the overall look. While it may seem like products don’t help, they do. You just have to find the right skin partner for yourself. Here is a list of three amazing products that remove acne scars effectively:

1. Snail products have been the buzz of the skincare world and there is no denying that they are worth the hype. Snail mucin enhances the production of collagen and renews the skin, making it irritation-free. You can see a visible difference in the texture and feel of your skin within a week of this gorgeous serum. And yes, it is animal-cruelty free, so don’t worry about that.
  2. 30 Days Miracle Clear Spot by Some by mi: The name suggests that this product works like a miracle. Apply this easy to use product for 30 days regularly to see your skin calm down and your acne scars and blemishes fading away.
  3. Cosrx- Acne Pimple Master Patch It is a master of Pimple and acne scars. Just patch up your acne and pimple with the goodness of Wound protecting Hydrocolloid Patch and see a considerable difference in your skin texture.

Before starting any treatment for scars, I recommended you to consult a dermatologist to understand your skin so you can start doing anything suggested by Doctor

Firstly make sure to clean your skin with a gentle cleanser. Before going to bed in the night mix coconut oil with vitamin E drop and apply on your face. You can also use aloe vera gel for this. As aloe vera gel do wonder for skin problems.

Read more: https://www.filmyduniya.in/amazing-benefits-of-aloe-vera-gel-for-skin-and-hair/

Can anyone help me with finding the best face cleanser for my oily skin type. I am facing lot of acne problems from last 2-3 weeks and this is the first time I am facing them. I am 18 years old and clueless about which face cleanser to choose.

Hey @Sheena_Clifford, welcome to the beauty forum, we’re super happy to have you :slight_smile:
So when it comes to acne there are TONS of things you can do to prevent acne and also to get rid of it. I used to have very bad acne and here are some cleansers that really helped me:

Neutrogena Acne Wash - it contains 2% salicylic acid which is the main medicinal ingredient to help fight acne.
Clinique Acne Solutions - Very gentle cleanser, and really does the job!
Anything that contains salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide - both of those are acne fighting ingredients. Just make sure you start at 2% and then work your way up.

Also, try not to wear too much makeup when you have breakouts, and if you do, choose oil free formulas. Remove every trace of makeup before bed, and don’t forget to moisturize.

@Sheena_Clifford I really like Biore Charcoal Acne Cleanser! It’s very inexpensive and really works to control excess oil, blackheads, and breakouts. Been using it for about a month now, and seen a huge difference in the amount of breakouts. I also feel like my skin is less oily, but it also doesn’t dry out my skin.

Another thing that’s super important is that you should use a toner, such as Thayer’s Witch Hazel - it’s seriously an AMAZING product, especially if you have acne prone skin. Use it every day, twice a day, after cleansing.

Cerave cleanser hands DOWN the best facial cleanser. My daughter had some serious breakouts and this stuff helped her get it until control 100%

@Georgia Thanks for your precious time and for suggesting these anti-acne face wash. I will look at the ingredients like salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide inside any face cleanser that I will try on my acne. Is there any home remedies or natural herbs that can help me in treating acne? I am really afraid of trying chemical on my skin. Please suggest.

@Sheena_Clifford oh sure, I can totally understand that. You can try tea tree oil, it’s very effective for acne and breakouts. Additionally, any natural homemade face mask can also help with acne. Try a turmeric face mask. Mix turmeric with a little bit of raw honey and water, just enough to make a paste. Apply that to the affected areas or on your entire face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Turmeric and honey are both amazing antibacterial ingredients which help to fight acne.

Tomatoes also work great for acne. Just rub a slice of fresh tomato onto your skin once or twice a day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out this list of remedies for cystic acne…may help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Georgia @lisapeters3 Thanks all for your time and tips that you have shared. This means a lot to me.

@Georgia I used fresh Tomatoes and I am just amazed. Such an amazing solution. However I did applied the turmeric and honey paste for a week but I guess tomatoes worked even better than that. Thanks a lot.

@Sheena_Clifford ah so happy to hear that! I know, isn’t it just such a simple, cheap, and quick thing?! I’m sometimes amazed at how much money people think they need to spend on beauty products, when all you need is right there in your pantry :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh and kiwis are also really really good for the skin, check out some of these recipes!

@Georgia Thanks for your such amazing tips. However, Kiwis are not that cheap as compared to Tomatoes. I guess it will be bit expensive and a high class solution to treat you skin. I would rather prefer to eat it. Lolzzzz… :joy: :joy:

That’s a very good point! I usually use kiwis if I have one or two leftover that just weren’t consumed. Then they’re really mushy and not very good tasting, so instead of throwing them out, I just slather them onto my skin :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Georgia In such case it can be done. Thanks for this amazing idea.