Any recipes out there for a natural, homemade skin primer?

I’d like to stray away from commercial primers because I feel like there could be some way better, all natural version that I could make at home! I Googled some recipes and found a few, but I wanna know if any of you ladies have actually made a homemade primer before, and if so, did it do the job??

@lynda87 try any one of these 2 different face primer recipes! They’re all 100% natural and are also super effective! We’ve tested and tried all of them :slight_smile:

If you wanna go the natural way, I suggest you wipe your face with an apple cider vinegar and distilled water (half and half concoction). Then, massage in a thin layer of 100% pure aloe vera gel. Let it dry and continue on with your makeup application!

The ACV mixture helps to balance the skin’s pH, and the aloe vera will soothe and hydrate skin, making it the perfect primer!

• 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tbsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp aloe vera juice
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil or sweet almond oil
  • 5 drops essential oil (I use lavender, but any will do!)

Mix them all up and apply before putting on your makeup! It works really well, and also fights off bacteria and other dirt and debris!

@lynda87 just aloe vera! Make sure it’s 100% pure aloe vera gel! It does wonders as a primer plus it’s a great skin healer, protector, moisturizer, and pretty much everything else!