I have really dry skin that sometimes cracks. Does anyone here have a good recommendation for a natural, homemade skin lotion?? Thanks!
Basically anything with coconut oil in it, should do the trick! Here’s a recipe I make all the time (I also have super dry sensitive skin!):
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
Start by melting your coconut oil. I usually just put mine in the microwave for a few seconds but you can also melt it over a double boiler. Let it cool for a minute and then stir in the rest of your oils. To give it that thick consistency, you’ll need to use a hand mixer to whip it. Do this for a few minutes or until it becomes a thicker consistency.
Use it as you would any other lotion! It absorbs into the skin really quickly, doesn’t feel greasy or oily, and it hydrates very nicely!
Homemade almond lotion:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure almond extract
Use a hand mixer to get that thick, moisturizer consistency.
Penetrates really deep into the skin, not oily at all, and super moisturizing!
@lisapeters3 omg so I just made this an I looove love love this lotion! It smells so amazingly good, it’s not oily OR greasy and it made my skin so soft!! Thanks so much for sharing girl!!
@babydoll86 try this DIY lotion…it’s got more ingredients than the other ones but it works really well for dry and sensitive skin! Once you have the ingredients, there are so many more different lotions and potions that you can make!
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of almond, jojoba, or olive oil
- ½ cup of grated beeswax
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vitamin E oil
- 1 cup of distilled water
- Combine the oils, honey, and beeswax in the large glass jar. In the smaller jar combine distilled water and vitamin E oil.
- Place the large glass jar into a saucepan containing a few inches of water and bring to a gentle boil. (This will essentially act as a double boiler)
- As the ingredients begin to melt, be sure to occasionally stir.
- Once the beeswax, honey, and oils have completely melted, remove from the water and warm the distilled water and vitamin E oil using the same saucepan.
- Once the water is heated, combine the contents of both jars into a large bowl and blend with a hand mixer.
- Next, place the bowl aside to cool but not until completely hardened, you want it to remain a little soft.
- Finally, using the hand mixer, blend the ingredients together and create that creamy, lotion texture.
- Transfer to a smaller jar or container of your choice and enjoy.