DIY Beauty Forum

Any thoughts on rice water for hair?

I’ve been reading a lot about people using fermented rice water for their hair. Does it actually work and if so, what does it do?

Yep it works really well! Apparently people have been using it for hundreds, if not thousands of years to encourage hair growth and strengthen hair as well.

1 Like

Hi Krista,

i have been using rice water in my hair for many years now and I can say that it really works to make your hair softer, shinier, and a lot stronger. I use it on a regular basis…like 2-3 times a week and I just rinse my hair with it! You have to use it for a period of time to really see the diff tho!

1 Like

Agreed @babydoll86 ! rice water really does something wonderfull to make ur hair thicker and longer…must be the minerals that are found in the water after the rice has soaked?

1 Like

@krista96 it totally works!! It’s such a cheap and simple solution too and can treat a number of different hair problems like dandruff and dry hair, plus it leaves hair super super shiny!

Another thing you can do with rice water is use it as a toner for your skin. What is does is it helps balance the skin’s pH, control sebum production, and improves the overall texture of your skin!

1 Like

So clearly rice water is a winner here haha Still haven’t gotten around to doing this, but it’s on my (very very long) list of things to do! Thanks for sharing babes! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like