Baking Soda for Blackheads?

Has anyone use baking soda to remove blackheads? I know it’s a thing that people do BUT my question is…isn’t baking soda really abrasive? I have oily to acne prone skin, but still, I don’t want to further damage my skin. Any thoughts/experiences with this?

@debbieanne yes, it actually does work, but like you mentioned, it’s best suited for those with oily skin and/or acne prone skin because it CAN be a little abrasive. The most important thing to remember when using baking soda for blackheads is to not use it too often…I’d say maybe 2-3 times a week. Or better yet, start at once a week and then work your way up to see how your skin reacts to it.

For me personally, it works wonders and I don’t have to spend money on blackhead removing products. I just mix a little bit of baking soda with water until it forms a paste and then gently scrub onto wet skin, particularly focusing on blackhead prone areas such as nose, chin, and forehead. Make sure to rinse off really well and then use a light moisturizer! Hope this helped answer your question :slight_smile:

Baking soda does a wonderful job at cleansing the skin and removing blackheads, and it’s such an inexpensive way of doing it! If you have dry/sensitive skin, I would recommend mixing a little bit of baking soda with coconut oil and gently scrubbing your face. Those with oily and acne prone skin can use baking soda and water or ACV!

Take a look at these baking soda face masks:

I like to use the one with honey & lemon because it leaves my skin absolutely glowing! And it’s great for those with oily and acne prone skin as well!