Best homemade makeup remover?

Does anyone have a good recipe for an all natural makeup remover? Looking for something that’s good for sensitive skin, yet still removes makeup well!

Yes! I’ve made this recipe a thousand times and it removes alllll traces of makeup without leaving your skin oily or greasy, plus it really helps improve your skin tone!

• 2 tbsp witch hazel
  • 2 tbsp oil of your choice (jojoba, almond, etc…)
  • 2 tbsp filtered water
  • 1 tsp castor oil
  • 1 tsp almond oil
  • 1 tsp liquid coconut oil
  • 1-2 capsules vitamin E OR 1/2 tsp liquid vitamin E

Just combine all the ingredients together and store it in a jar or bottle. When you wanna use it, just put some on a cotton ball and wipe away!

1 Like

I just like to use a little bit of coconut oil on a cotton pad! It removes makeup very effectively, plus you get the added bonus of moisture around the eyes!

1 Like

Check out these recipes! There are so many different types you can make…it really all depends on your skin type!

https://www.fabhow.com/diy-homemade-makeup-remover.html

1 Like

Plain and simple: just use coconut oil! It does the job, it’s cheap, removes all traces of makeup and dirt, plus it’s great for sensitive and dry skin. Coconut oil is also packed full of fatty acids which means it’s great for aging skin as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love coconut oil but it irritates my eyes badly n I can’t see for the tears for an hour after using it. Do you know of a gentle eye makeup remover I can make myself?
Thanks in advance
Lynn

I have never tried any homemade makeup removal, but after reading the above comments I am thinking to make and try it. Hope I will get a good result.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @aria_chris! We hope you’ll like it here :slight_smile:

The soothing properties of rose water make it a natural makeup remover for all skin types. It can dissolve most of the makeup without being harsh on the skin.