Best makeup remover?

What’s your favorite makeup remover? I keep trying different makeup removers, but not completely satisfied with any of them…they just don’t seem to remove makeup as well as I’d like them to, especially waterproof mascara.

If you guys have any insight into a really good makeup remover, please share :slight_smile:

I always just use any type of oil and then wash it off. works better than any makeup remover product I’ve ever used.

Doesn’t it leave your face super oily though or clog pores?

you can wash it off afterwards or you can try using a non-comedogenic oil…surprisingly, castor oil has a pretty low comedogenic rating, even though you wouldn’t think it since it is so thick. castor oil is good for conditioning your eyelashes too, and it helps with under-eye darkness. and it’s pretty cheap. I keep a bottle next to my sink for multi-use purposes…hemp seed oil is also good, it just has a strong smell. maybe the best all purpose oil to get is olive oil, tho since it’s also good to cook with lol. I keep every type of oil in my house, I’m like an ancient egyptian or something

1 Like

Hahaha that made me laugh…ancient egyptian - you might just be a descendant :smiley: thanks for the help, I’ll definitely be trying that tonight when I remove my makeup and let you know how I fare!

1 Like

I use Micellar water and I find that it works better than ANY makeup remover I’ve ever tried. It’s not greasy or oily, and does a really amazing job at getting rid of tough makeup, even waterproof mascara.

2 Likes

I completely agree with micellar water. I have had full eye make-up on, which is all waterproof. I put it on a facial pad and let it sit for just a second and it all comes off. In my opinion, it works better than olive oil.

What is Micellar water, actually? I feel like it just appeared recently out of NOWHERE and now it’s EVERYWHERE! But what is it exactly? Sorry if that sounded like a stupid Q :speak_no_evil:

Thank you ALL for the awesome replies!!

It is extremely hard to take off makeup gently, especially the waterproof ones. In most cases, the harsh makeup remover strips the skin of essential oil, leaving the face irritated and agitated.

Here are a few gentle makeup removers that are our favourite:

1. Innisfree- Olive Real Cleansing Tissue

They are a deep-hydration cleansing tissue made with organic golden olives and contains antioxidants, olives, and vitamins. Clean your stubborn makeup and impurities with a single wipe.

1. Eunyul- Lip & Eye Make-Up Remover

A gentle, easy, effective lip& eye makeup remover that comfortably removes heavy or waterproof eye makeup, without leaving behind an oily residue for a refreshed, clean complexion.

Oil removes and melts heavy makeup and water layer soothes skin, bright tone and supply moisture.

1. Some By Mi- Jeju Plants Gentle Lip & Eye Remover

A non-irritating lip and eye remover enriched with mandarin extract, broccoli extract, green tea extract and aloe vera extract from Jeju Island to moisturize, brighten, soothe, regeneration, elasticity and revive skin. It effectively melts away makeup to leave skin clean without over-drying.

1. A’PIEU-Mineral Lip & Eye Remover (Sweet Rose

This two-layer structure makeup remover contains mineral-rich thermal water and moisturizes the sensitive eye and lip area. Created to give protection to the area it is applied to. It leaves a soft rosy fragrance after use.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water is what I use for makeup removal :slight_smile:

Finally I now know what Micelar Water is haha. When it first came out (and now I’m super embarrased) I had no idea what it was. But now I use it all the time and I love it!