Can I use toothpaste to remove nail polish?

I’ve read somewhere that you can use toothpaste to remove nail polish? Is this true? and if so, how does it work, and does it work well? Thanks guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

@brandywine yes you actually can, as long as you use only white toothpaste. Just put a small amount directly onto your nail and let sit for about a minute. Then, use a cotton ball to remove the nail polish. This works because white toothpaste contains ethyl acetate, which nail polish removers also contain.

1 Like

yep it works, but it takes a little bit of work, and obviously doesn’t come off as easy as if you were to use nail polish remover. But of course, if you don’t have any nail polish remover and you need to take that polish off, toothpaste can come in really handy!

Yes, nail polish can be removed using toothpaste. White toothpaste would be better. Rub the nails with the toothpaste, or scrape them with a nail file!

Thanks so much ladies!! Much appreciated <3

I always use nail polish remover but it is first time, I heard about toothpaste. Can we use other than white toothpastes?

I wonder if it actually can remove the nail paint. I just saw one video on youtube where the lady is using toothpaste to remove her nail paint.
But she applied a remover in small quantity first and then she used a brush to rub the nails after applying toothpaste.

I don’t think it’s a good way to remove nail paint. I will stick to my remover itself.