Can someone recommend a good face mask base I can use every day for acne prone skin?

I have really bad skin…super oily, lots of acne (gross, I know)…and was looking around for some face masks that I could apply every day. I know some people swear by homemade masks that are gentle yet strong enough to use daily, but not sure what those are. If you have any experience with this, please share!

The only face mask base you will ever need is simply a clay one! Clay masks are absolutely amazing, especially when you’re dealing with super oily and acne prone skin. I had acne for many, many years, and one of the ways I got rid of it was to use a clay + ACV mask every single day. I used it every day for about a month and my skin was baby soft with no more breakouts, no acne scars, etc.

Of course, if you have regular skin, I wouldn’t suggest applying a clay mask on your face every day, but for people who suffer from cystic acne and such, I highly recommend doing this. Try Indian Healing Clay…it’s truly one of the best!

Yes I agree with Katie, the best mask base you can use for your skin type is definitely a clay mask. It pulls out all the impurities, including bacteria which prevents breakouts but also treats them at the same time. Plus, it’s all natural, doesn’t dry out the skin, and it’s pretty cheap as well!

Hi,
I have really bad acne and I use coconut oil and baking soda. It has really cleared up my face. I have gone to a dermatologist and I think the coconut oil and baking soda does a lot better than the Dr. did. I put some baking soda in my hand and add coconut oil and wash my face with it. Also I put baking soda and water like a paste on my face as a mask and then put coconut oil on before bed and it works great.

@Dennette, won’t the coconut oil clog my pores though? I have heard of this method before, I guess I’m just scared to use it because I already have super oily skin.

I was too, but no it doesn’t clog at all😉

This isn’t a face mask (sorry), but it IS an a truly amazing and all natural face CREAM for acne prone skin. It’s homemade and you’ll have to find the ingredients and such, but it doesn’t clog your pores (non-comedogenic), it’s all natural, and it actually helps prevent pimples and oiliness.

Been using it for about 3 months now and my skin is very soft, less pimples and acne, less oiliness, etc…