DIY Beauty Forum

Can you recommend a hair mask for thick, curly hair?

I have very thick, curly hair, and basically need a hair mask that will tame all that frizz!

Not exactly a hair mask, but this DIY curl cream does WONDERS for those with curls:

Check out these DIY hair masks! I’ve tried a few myself since I have super curly hair and they’re really great!

Try this hair lamination mask!! It works amazingly well for thick curly hair and wont weigh it down like some other masks! Heat 1/2 cup of water in the microwave and stir in one packet of unflavored gelatin. Stir, stir, stir quickly until the gelatin dissolves and then add in about a tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply the mask to dry hair quickly before the gelatin sets, making sure to focus on the ends. Now cover your hair with a wet, hot towel and let it sit for about 15 minutes. rinse it out and shampoo and condition.

the result? Silky AF hair that you’ll wanna constantly touch!

A strawberry and mayonnaise hair mask has ALWAYS been my go to! It tames even the frizziest and curliest of hair and leaves it super soft, silky, and shiny!
Grab about 8-10 strawberries and pulse in a food processor along with 2 tbsp of mayo. Apply to wet hair, working really well into the scalp and ends. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse out!

I use this twice a week (sometimes more if I remember), but it’s safe enough to use every day!