Hi does anyone have any diy recipes for makeup such as eyeshadows bronzers, foundations, setting powders, etc? I am really interested in trying to make these for personal use.
Hi @Wunntu and welcome to the community
I love making my own makeup and have a few really good recipes!
DIY Powder Foundation:
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp bentonite clay
- 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Mix all of your dry ingredients first.
- If you feel that the shade is too dark for you, add in some more arrowroot powder.
- If you feel that the shade is too light, add in some more cocoa.
- Then, stir in your essential oil if using.
- Transfer the powder into a clean, airtight container.
DIY Bronzer Recipe:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 15 drops lavender or rosemary essential oil
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- If you feel like you need a darker or lighter shade, simply adjust the ingredients to match your skin tone.
- For example, if you need a darker shade, add more cocoa powder. For a lighter shade, add more arrowroot powder. If your skin has a reddish tint, add in a little more cinnamon powder.
- Keep experimenting with the ingredients until you get YOUR perfect shade!
- Place the powder in a clean, empty compact and press down firmly.
- Use as you would any other bronzer!
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp healing clay or bentonite clay
- Combine the arrowroot and bentonite clay until well mixed.
- Transfer to a clean and airtight container.
- Dip a large powder brush into the powder and tap off any excess. Apply to the face and neck going in circular motions. If necessary, add another layer!
- The ingredients in this recipe are also healing for the skin, with healing clay or bentonite clay fighting redness and inflammation!
I’ve actually made the DIY foundation before and it’s SO simple to make and really really good! Plus it’s great that you can customize it, so if you need a darker shade add more cocoa and if you need a lighter shade add more arrowroot powder!