Please share your best and easiest ways to get rid of blackheads…whether that be a mask, a peel off thing, or just a homemade method you prefer!
Do a steam facial to open up the pores. In a pot, boil some water and throw in a few bags of chamomile tea. Remove the pot from the burner and place your face into the steam, covering your head with a towel to keep the steam in. Be careful not to get too close to the steam! Sit for as long as you can (5-15 minutes).
Apply a peel-off mask immediately after steam facial. Because your pores have now been opened, the peel-off mask will do some pretty amazing things! Let it sit on your skin until completely dry…about 20 minutes.
Remove the peel off mask slowly and wash off any remaining residue. Rinse your face with ice cold water to close the pores back up and use a toner to balance the skin’s pH.
Repeat 3X a week and blackheads will be NO MORE I know it sounds like a bit of work, but trust me it’s SO worth it!
@lisapeters3 pore strips all the way and regular facials! I cannot stress enough how important it is to take good care of your skin. A facial may seem like an unnecessary expense, but your skin is the biggest organ of your body and a monthly facial can make a HUGE difference in your skin, i.e a lot less blackheads, less breakouts, tighter and smoother skin, etc…
Of course in between those facials, you can do at home face masks and pore strips!
@lisapeters3 Try this and you’ll never use anything else. This. Is. Life
The best thing you can do is simply make your own pore strips! There are a number of different types of pore strip recipes (check below), BUT my favorite one is this one! It works like a charm, pulls out blackheads, whiteheads, and facial hair, and it’s very very cheap to make!
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin (such as Knoxx)
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a small, microwavable bowl, dissolve the gelatin within the milk. Do this in 5 second increments only to make sure that the solution isn’t too hot! Stir in between.
- Once the gelatin has dissolved, wait a few seconds for the mixture to cool down.
- Once cool enough to apply to the face (test it out on the back of your hand first!), use a flat makeup brush to apply to solution to your nose (or anywhere else you may want to purge blackheads!).
- Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes or until the solution has hardened.
- Gently and slowly peel off.
- Rinse off any residue and pat dry.
- Use once or twice a week to get rid of blackheads, whiteheads, and excess oil.