I’ve recently begun making my own cosmetics, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with making their own foundation. I’ve tried a few but felt that none had the type of coverage I was looking for. Any tips appreciated!
I love making my own cosmetics, and I’ve made soooo many different foundations I lost count! But there is one that I really really love that actually covers imperfections, breakouts, and black spots. This is a liquid foundation and will have much better coverage than powder foundations:
- 3 tbsp of a pre-made lotion (so any lotion that you would put on your face!)
- 1-4 tsp non-nano zinc oxide
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tsp mica powder of your choice
- 1/2 tsp clay of choice
- OR 2-3 tsps mineral powder of your choice (this would replace all of the above ingredients except for the lotion)
Don’t let the ingredients intimidate you…once you have them the possibilities are seriously endless!
I’ll have to dry this one! Normally I’ve only ever made powder foundations but this sounds really promising!
Are these ingredients safe for your skin though?
This is a homemade powder foundation that I love to use but you’ll have to tweak it a little bit to get the right shade for your skin tone!
You’ll need arrowroot powder for the base, and then add one OR a combination of the following: cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, and/or nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, start by adding the arrowroot powder (your base). For light, fair skin, add 1 tablespoon. For dark skin add 1 teaspoon.
- Slowly start adding in one OR a combination of cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg until you reach your desired tone.
- Make sure to only add a small amount at a time and mix well before you add anymore! You can always add more, but you cannot remove it once mixed!
- If you’re looking for a more compact foundation, add a few drops of jojoba oil, olive oil, or almond oil, to the mixture and press it down into a compact.
Fairly easy and it won’t clog pores either!
@leonie25 yep they are! These are all natural ingredients that are found…in nature lol
the only ingredient that may not be 100% natural would be the pre-made lotion…but you can always make your own lotion!