Just thought I’d share with you all this awesome recipe I found and been using like crazy since I made it! I’m totally in love with this recipe and honestly can’t say more good things about it!
It’s a homemade apricot and rosehip body butter that you can use on your body, but also on your face and lemme tell you - it smells heavenly! You only need three ingredients:
- 1 cup shea butter
- ¼ cup apricot oil
- 2-3 tbsp rosehip oil
- First create a double-boiler system by using a medium-sized saucepan and a glass mixing bowl that sits right on top of the saucepan. Fill the saucepan about ? full with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the glass bowl over the boiling water and put the shea butter in stirring until completely melted.
- Once melted and liquidy, remove the bowl from the pan and let it sit until slightly cooled, then add in the oils.
- Stir until the shea butter and oils are well combined.
- Next, place the mixture in the fridge for 20-25 minutes so it thickens but isn’t too hard.
- Finally, using a hand mixer or hand whisk, blend the shea and oils until it becomes a whipped texture. Then transfer to glass jars for storage.
To use simply massage onto the face, neck and body after showering. It is best used at night before bed so the shea butter and oils can be fully absorbed by the skin. This buttercream can be used daily!
I took this recipe from here: