Found this DIY Clay Toothpaste Recipe!

Thought I would share this awesome DIY clay toothpaste recipe that I just recently found and am in complete love with! Never did I ever think a clay toothpaste (uhm yuck) even existed, but apparently it DOES and it WORKS!

There are several brands of clay toothpaste you can buy, but since i have so much clay from making face masks and such I though I’d make my own! Found a few promising recipes, but this one was the best because it actually did make my teeth whiter.

The recipe calls for the following ingredients:

• 3 tablespoons of bentonite clay
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (in liquid form)
  • ½ – 1 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil
  • 2 – 3 drops of stevia or xylitol (optional for taste)
  • ¼ cup of filtered or mineral water (more or less as needed)

I didn’t have stevia or xylitol so I omitted that, but followed everything else to a tee!

So just mix all of those ingredients up and brush brush brush!

4 Likes

ohhhh nice!! I love trying out new stuff like this, but I do have a question:

doesn’t the clay taste super yucky? How do you get over that taste? Or you just don’t really notice?

Very hippie chique I love it!

Honestly, you just kinda get used to it. It IS a little weird and “chalky” at first, but then you get used to it very quickly. Plus, once you realize it’s all natural and so so good for your teeth, you won’t care too much about the taste!

1 Like

Very cool! Love natural recipes like this one, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do I have to use coconut oil or can I use another oil? Just don’t have any on hand right now, but I do have vegetable oil and olive oil.