Thought I would share this awesome DIY clay toothpaste recipe that I just recently found and am in complete love with! Never did I ever think a clay toothpaste (uhm yuck) even existed, but apparently it DOES and it WORKS!
There are several brands of clay toothpaste you can buy, but since i have so much clay from making face masks and such I though I’d make my own! Found a few promising recipes, but this one was the best because it actually did make my teeth whiter.
The recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of bentonite clay
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (in liquid form)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 2 – 3 drops of stevia or xylitol (optional for taste)
- ¼ cup of filtered or mineral water (more or less as needed)
I didn’t have stevia or xylitol so I omitted that, but followed everything else to a tee!
So just mix all of those ingredients up and brush brush brush!