Looking for some awesome body butter recipes that I can easily whip up once in a while! Has to be yummy smelling and absorb quickly into the skin
@angie92 if you’re into matcha scents, you HAVE to try this matcha body butter! It smells incredible, isn’t greasy, and hydrates like nothing else!
- 4 oz refined shea butter
- 1.25 oz liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp carnauba wax
- 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 tsp lavender essential oil
- a few drops of vitamin E oil
- In a double boiler or in the microwave, heat together the carnauba wax and shea butter until melted.
- If you happen to live in a particularly warmer area, you may need to double the amount of carnauba wax to keep your matcha body butter from melting.
- Let the wax and butter cool for a minute or two, then add in the coconut oil, matcha green tea powder, lavender oil, and vitamin e oil.
- Stir all ingredients until they’re well combined and place in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
- Once solidified, remove from refrigerator and let it reach room temperature.
- Once it has reached room temperature, take a hand mixer and whip until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop your matcha body butter into a clean, airtight jar or container and it’s ready to use!
- Slather it on all over your body (works great for the face as well) after a day at the beach, after a shower, or before bed – any time is a good time to use this amazing body butter!
Here’s a super simple recipe that I use all the time! It’s great because it doesn’t require many ingredients, it’s all natural, and you can customize the scent too
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/cup almond oil (or you can substitute for olive oil or jojoba oil)
- Essential oil of your choice (for yummy smells purposes!)
- Melt the shea butter and the coconut oil in a double boiler. Once melted, remove from heat and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once your concoction has cooled, add in your almond oil and your essential oil. You’ll need to add about 30-35 drops of essential oil so that the smell stands out.
- Once you’ve stirred everything, wait a little bit until the oils solidify…this shouldn’t take too long!
- Then, whip your body butter using a mixer until you achieve a butter-like consistency!
- Spoon into a clean, glass jar and voila – your homemade body butter is ready to use!
A word of warning…once you apply the lotion onto your skin it will melt almost immediately, but don’t worry, just massage it in, and it’ll absorb very quickly!
If you love the scent of grapefruit, you’re going to LOVE this grapefruit body butter! It smells heavenly, but then again you can totally customize it to your liking as well
-1 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 30 (or more depending on how strong you want the scent) grapefruit essential oil
- a drop or two of red food coloring (optional - only if you want that slight pink color)
Melt the shea butter and coconut oil. Once melted, stir in the sweet almond oil. Allow this to solidify in the refrigerator for like half an hour. Once solidified, use a hand mixer to whip up the butter until stiff peaks form. While it’s whipping, add in your grapefruit oil and food coloring if using. Transfer to a clean container and enjoy!!
@angie92 check out this apricot and rosehip body butter!! I JUST made it last night (so frikken easy!), and it left my skin glowing and super duper silky! Plus, you only need 3 ingredients!
How about 100 body butter recipes?? You’re welcs!