Homemade Shampoo Recipes

Hi all! I’m hoping you’ll share some good homemade shampoo recipes! I’m looking for something that’s completely natural, smells good, and actually washes your hair!

@naturalgirl7 I use this all natural shampoo instead of regular shampoo and it’s made my hair soooo incredibly soft and healthy! The only thing is it doesn’t make any suds, BUT that doesn’t mean it won’t clean your hair super thoroughly!

You’ll need:

1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp jojoba oil
1 tsp castor oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp essential oil of your choice (you can use tea tree oil for oily hair, lavender to soothe, rosemary to encourage growth, etc)

Mix them all up and shake well before each use. Massage into wet hair, leave on for about 5 minutes, and rinse out!

Found this site with some really interesting info on homemade shampoo as well as some great recipes! I’ve never tried making my own shampoo because I have super oily and fine hair, and don’t think it would work for me, but I know it does for others!

@naturalgirl7 have you tried the no-poo method? It’s when you only wash your hair with baking soda and water and then rinse with ACV. At first, your hair will more than likely be a little greasy, but, after a while, you’ll see how much healthier your hair will be…stronger, longer! This option is not for everyone and it is a long term play, but trust me, this method has literally changed my hair from super weak and breaking to shiny, healthy, and strong!

• ¼ cup coconut milk (homemade or canned)
  • 1/4 cup Liquid castile Soap like Dr. Bronners
  • 20 drops of essential oils of choice (I’ve used peppermint, lavender, & rosemary
  • For dry hair: add ½ tsp olive or almond oil (optional)

Combine all ingredients and shake well to mix! Use on wet hair while in the shower. This solution should keep for about a month!