Are there some good recipes out there that maybe you’ve tried before and have worked? I’ve recently started making my own beauty products and would like to venture out into the makeup category. I use eyeliner on a day to day basis, but, I think after a while, it may be nice to use something natural and homemade. Suggestions appreciate
@debbieanne making your own makeup is actually super fun, BUT it can come with its struggles as well! As you can imagine, homemade makeup isn’t as “quality” as store bought makeup because, honestly, it just won’t last that long on your skin.
BUT I do have to share this eyeliner recipe which is pretty easy to make and actually goes on quite nicely!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1-2 capsules activated charcoal powder OR 1/2 tsp cocoa powder (for brown hues)
Mix all the ingredients together and store in a clean tin. Use an angled eyeliner brush, dip it in, and swipe along!
- 2 activated charcoal capsules
- 1/8 teaspoon of grated beeswax
- 1/8 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon distilled water
- small container
- Empty the contents of the charcoal capsules into a small bowl.
- Next, add the beeswax and coconut oil
- Blend the charcoal, beeswax and coconut oil.
- Add the water. Add more or less water depending on the consistency you want.
- Store the final product in a small container.
Just mix a little bit of activated charcoal with any type of oil and a little bit of aloe vera gel until you get a smooth, gel-like consistency. What’s great about this is you can make a small batch or a big batch and it stays good for a long time plus it gives off that really nice, smoky eye look!