How often do you wash your makeup brushes?

I’ve heard so many different conflicting theories on how often you should wash your brushes…so what’s the consensus? How often do YOU do it?

i try to wash mine about once a month…especially if i use them every day. Makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria, so it’s super important to keep them dry and wash them once a month, or if no, once every two months depending on the usage.

I just wash them in warm, soapy water and then let them air dry!

@lynda87 according to makeup artists, you should wash your makeup brushes at LEAST once a month, if not twice a month. You wouldn’t know it just by looking at them, but your brushes are filled with gross bacteria that can spread onto your skin and cause breakouts, irritation, and other skin ailments.

EVERYONE should take the time to wash their brushes…it’s so often overlooked but so so important!

2 Likes

@lynda87 I would recommend you wash all of your makeup brushes twice a month. This is because so much bacteria can get on them, as well as dirt, dust, and debris from the air. Then, you are spreading all that dirt and bacteria onto your skin!

1 Like

@lynda87 if you use your makeup brushes every single day, I’d say you should actually wash them every week! Just like you wash your sheets once a week (or at least you should lol), your makeup brushes should also be washed weekly! Just use a gentle dish soap like Dawn and some warm water. Be sure to air dry.

1 Like

oh dear i bought new glitter colorful make up brushes online a few months ago and i haven’t washed it.
a bit regret buying it to be honest… i have so many sets. LOL

better wash it tonight when I am back from work

thanks! so i guess the minimum should be twice a month?

can i use mouth wash solution to cleanse it?

I basically put on make-up during the weekend time if at all I have to attend any event or parties. But I make sure to wash the brushes at-least twice a month to keep it clean & tidy.

1 Like