Irritated of Rough Hair

Hi everyone!
I am a new bird for this wonderful nest.
I have come here to get some suggestions regarding my hair problem.
I’ve been facing this problem of rough hair since a very long time. Due to this problem hair damage has become a big problem for me these days.
Can you guys suggest me some home remedies to solve this issue?
Actually I consulted a dermatologist a month back for my hair problem but he said I should go for some natural solutions like Aloe Vera but I applied Aloe Vera to my hair there is no improvement in my hair.
I will really be very thankful if you guys suggest any real solution which you guys have done on your hair.

1 Like

Hi @hannafoster
Kaushal this side. I am a hair dresser.
I would love to give you suggestions for this problem.
There are different items at home which you can try but the best ones which I would personally suggest are:
Wash your hair with curd 2 times a week.
Make use of Avocado Oil for your hair.
And the best one is: Use the combination of Apple Cider Vinegar and Olive Oil and put them on your hair. You will definitely see results.
Also there are products in the market which will be really helpful for you.

Thank you @kaushaldhwn for your wonderful suggestions. I would surely try out what you have suggested.
Also, can you please tell me which type of market products you are saying, because I have tried many serums, hair oils and shampoos?

1 Like

Welcome to the beauty forum @hannafoster, we’re glad to have you onboard :slight_smile:

For a super quick fix, I would suggest a mayonnaise hair mask 2-3 times a week. Massage half a cup of mayonnaise into the scalp and make sure to spread all through to the ends. Place a shower cap on your head to avoid any messes and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Rinse out and follow up with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water.

A hot oil treatment also works really well! You can use coconut oil, avocado oil, or even olive oil. Just heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds and apply to ends. Works really well at softening rough hair and moisturizing dry ends.

2 Likes

@Georgia rightly said.
@hannafoster you should opt for homemade products because they have no side effects.
Further, if you want to use market products, you can go for, I would personally suggest using olaplex brand products. Most of my customers are really happy using this brand.

1 Like

Hi @kaushaldhwn

Thank you for responding again. :grin:
I have been told by a number of people that using homemade products will be much better for me. But seriously saying, I’ve tried a number of homemade products but they have resulted in nothing.

After reading your reply, I searched for olaplex products and there are a number of products of olaplex. Can you be a little more specific about the product?

Hi @Georgia

Thanks for replying. Sorry for the late response, I was really busy these few days.
I had actually used coconut oil and olive oil as well, but seriously saying these products didn’t really help me solve my problem.
But yeah, mayonnaise hair mask is something new to me. I haven’t tried that.
I will surely apply this formula.

Thanks for your valuable time.

@hannafoster can I ask how long you’ve used any of these natural products? The thing with those, is that they can take some time to make a difference (or at least until you see a difference). So once you decide to use a homemade hair mask or a homemade solution such as olive oil or mayonnaise, you’ll have to be consistent with it for at least a month or two and about 2-3 times a week. Because these ingredients don’t contain any chemicals or manmade ingredients, they’re a little slow to work, but they definitely DO work.

One thing I can definitely suggest that has worked for me (I had very coarse, dry hair) is castor oil. Castor oil is super thick, so I would dilute it with avocado oil and apply all over the hair, concentrating more on the ends rather than the scalp. If possible, leave on overnight and do this at least once a week for a couple of months. I swear it will completely change your hair!! It encourages growth, hydrates, prevents scalp irritation and flakiness, and also makes your hair super duper soft!

I recommend you use Yogurt on hair as a hair mask. Yogurt conditions the hair to bring the moisture back to the dry hair cuticles and makes hair more manageable.

I recently tasted a hair mask Earth Science Deep Conditioning Masque for Hair, Olive & Avocado and I stayed delighted!
Also I drink Prettyville liquid collagen and biotin 20000 mcg. It effectively speeds up nail and hair growth and supports skin health.
https://amzn.to/33oTeeR
I am satisfied with the quality of my hair now. Hair became soft and silky, less fall out and grow faster! I noticed improvements after I started adding biotin to my daily diet. I add a few drops to my smoothie and drink it)

I have gone through a lot of many products and at last found that we are good with all the hair products but somehow we are missing hair serum. One should use it as I found it better.
Thank you