Is coconut oil bad for your skin?

I’ve been reading a lot of bad stuff about coconut oil lately, and I’m just trying to get a clear picture of whether it’s good or bad for your skin.
In the beginning, everything had coconut oil in it and it was praised as amazing. Now, it seems that coconut oil can clog pores, especially for those with oily skin.

So what IS the actual truth here?

Thanks!

1 Like

@ericafoxx yes coconut oil IS actually bad for your skin because it’s high on the comedogenic scale! Check out this list of carrier oils and it’ll explain a little bit more!

1 Like

omg I can’t believe people still use coconut oil on their faces. it’s NO BUENO whatsoever! Clogs pores, gives breakouts, etc.
Please don’t use on your face, unless you only dot a small amount around your eyes!

From your skin, hair, body, and well basically, your whole life. it claims to fix it all! No idea about the rest of its plentiful uses, but I can surely vouch for the innumerable benefits that it has for the skin.
Derived from the meat of mature coconuts, coconut oil is one of the best natural ingredients out there that you can put on your skin.

A big No! I prefer using organic coconut oil as a vital element in my skincare & hair care routine. It is one of the best oil you can use to treat plenty of problems related to your skin and hair. The best way to use coconut oil on your skin by applying it to your face when it gets dry and needs to be hydrated. It also helps you to remove blackheads from your face. There are many other benefits of using virgin coconut oil and many of them are not well known to many of us.