Lush copycat recipes?

Please share your best and favorite Lush beauty product recipes! I’ve started making my own Lush products (bath bombs, shower jellies, etc…) lately and I’ve become obsessed! I feel like it’s so much fun to make these things, plus you get to save a lot of money!

I’m interested to see if anyone else is also making Lush recipes, and if so, could you please share them?

@beehive67 while there are tons of Lush dupes out there, some are better than others! I made a “replica” of a Lush sea salt scrub and did not come out even close to the one they have in store. Nevertheless, I am NOT one to give up lol

So I’ll share my absolute FAVE Lush dupe with you! It’s the Lush Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask which will leave your skin looking ah-mazing!

• 10-12 grapes
  • 3 tsps Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth. Since kaolin clay is not easily available, Fuller’s Earth does the exact same thing
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 tsp glycerin
  • 2 tsps cornflour
  • 1 tsp honey

In a bowl, add the grapes and garlic. Use a hand blender to mash them up. Add the glycerin and blend again. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and blend well again. You can always add a drop or two of essential oil such as tea tree oil, lavender, or mint. The choice is up to you!

Apply the mask directly onto your face and neck and let dry for about 15-20 minutes.

Pretty easy and the ingredients are cheap so you’ll definitely end up saving money!

6 Likes

You can easily replicate Lush’ “Coalface Cleanser” with just three simple ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil
3 activated charcoal capsules
1 tbsp baking soda

Mix em all up and you’ve got an instant face cleanser OR a face mask - it can work both ways!

2 Likes

@beehive67 Check out these 7 Lush Recipes! They’re all fairly easy to make and we’ve tried and tested all of them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The DIY Lush Popcorn lip scrub is amazing and I actually think it may even be better than the original!

1 1/2T Granulated Sugar
1/2T Dark brown Sugar
1/2tsp Salt
1-2tsp Vegetable Oil (OR 50:50 Veg Oil & Coconut Oil)
Optional: 1/2tsp Vanilla extract (if you really like sweet)
Food Colouring

Mix all of the ingredients and scrub onto lips! The “sweet and salty” from the popcorn comes from the salt, sugars, and vanilla extract!

2 Likes

omg I just made this and it left my skin soooo unbelievably smooth! Thanks for sharing - def my new fave face mask :slight_smile:

@beehive67 take a look at these Lush recipes below…I’ve made quite a few of them and they’ve come out so well!

1 Like

ohhhh I can’t wait to make this!!

Lush shower jellies!

• 1 package gelatin (1 oz)
  • 2/3 cup hot water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup body wash or bubble bath (clear, not creamy)
  • food coloring – optional
  • essential oils – optional

Directions:

1. Bring 2/3 cup of water to an almost boiling point.
  2. Pour the hot water over your gelatin and the salt and stir really well to dissolve.
  3. Let cool for a few minutes, and add in your body wash or bubble bath.
  4. Add in a few drops of food coloring and your favorite essential oil, if using.
  5. Pour the mixture into your favorite molds, ice cube trays, or really any container you may have laying around!
  6. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (overnight is usually best).
  7. Once the jellies have formed, they can now be popped out of their molds and used in the shower!

@beehive67 My absolute favorite Lush copycat recipe is the “Cupcake Face Mask”. It’s easy to make and will leave your skin feeling extra soft!

• 4-6 mint sprigs
  • 1 tsp clay powder
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3-4 drops sandalwood oil
  • 1 tsp cocoa butter
  • 1/2 tsp glycerin
  • rose water (add a little bit at a time while blending, until a mask like consistency forms)
  • 1/2 tsp honey

Directions:

1. In a blender or food processor, add all of your ingredients and pulse until everything is combined.
  2. Scoop the mixture out into a bowl and apply all over face and neck.
  3. Leave on for 15-20 minutes, or until mask has dried.
  4. Wash off and pat dry.
  5. Use twice a week for bright, clear skin.

Try this Lush Sacred Truth Face Mask - you’ll instantly fall in love!

• 3 tsp green tea (derived from tea bags, usually about three)
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp Greek yogurt OR sour cream (whichever you have on hand is just fine!)
  • 1 tbsp fresh papaya pulp

Mix them all up and apply to clean skin. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off. This mask is actually great for all skin types, combats oiliness and acne, and also soothes irritated skin. Also great for aging skin too!

2 Likes

This DIY Lush Lip Scrub Recipe is SUPER easy to replicate!

• 3 tablespoons Castor sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Jojoba oil (or your choice of carrier oil )
  • Lip safe flavoring (this is where you would choose bubblegum lip scrub flavor or whichever flavor you want) OR 2 drops of your favorite essential oil (tangerine, lemon, lavender, mint, etc…)
  • Small amount of food coloring (optional, simply for looks!)
  • Lip gloss pots or containers
1 Like

oh gosh, this is amazing!! Love making my own products, but especially when I can replicate products that I like, and in this case it’s Lush! Keep them coming ladies! I made almost all of them, and I must say I am truly impressed!