DIY Beauty Forum

Manuka honey facial mask with vitamin c?

anyone use vitamin c peels before? like oranges?
or just eat the vitamin c directly? i not sure, i trying to understand what my friend said abt vitamin c are good for skin.

i personally use manuka honey as facial mask, not sure if there are vitamin c thouhg

@Jessica_Lee, vitamin C is extremely important for your skin, as well as your overall health. Consuming vitamin C rich foods (such as citrus fruits) is good for your insides, but also amazing for your skin!

Basically, vitamin C is a natural antioxidant and helps the skin improve collagen. It can help even out skin tone, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and scars.

If you wanna use vitamin C in your daily regimen, I would recommend a vitamin C serum, such as this one from Amazon. It will literally change your skin!!

Yes Manuka honey IS great, but I’m not entirely sure if it has vitamin C in it or not. In any case, the two are not related, and you should definitely consume vitamin C on a regular basis. You can do this by consuming citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, lemons and limes, or you can take a vitamin C supplement.

Additionally, you can purchase vitamin C infused serums and lotions which help the skin to remain soft and supple and also prevent wrinkles. Vitamin C is known for having high amount of antioxidants which essentially protects your skin from sun damage and other problems.

@Jessica_Lee you actually CAN just rub an orange peel onto your face and it’ll be like a mini vitamin C facial. Just be sure you don’t have super sensitive skin or any cuts or open sores as this may further irritate the skin.