My fave salt scrub

Just thought I’d share my fave salt scrub with you guys :slight_smile:

To make my awesome charcoal salt scrub you’ll need the following ingredients:

• 1/2 cup sea salt
  • 1/8 cup coconut oil or olive oil
  • 1 tbsp activated charcoal powder
  • essential oils – optional, for scent - I use vanilla or lavender

Mix them all up and use in the shower! Leaves skin suuuper soft, and the charcoal detoxifies!

3 Likes

That sound like an awesome scrub @nicole33! I think I’ll be making this tonight as I have all the ingredients :slight_smile:

omg I’ve made this salt scrub before and it’s sooo good! Thanks for reminding me about it…I’l have to make another batch soon <3

Hello everyone, I’m new to this but I want to try the scrub. Just wanted to knw if it’s better to make my own charcoal powder at home.

Welcome to the community @Sibslin_34 :slight_smile:

I would recommend just buying your own activated charcoal powder, since it’s a pretty complex process making your own! You can usually find activated charcoal powder or capsules at any health store or online. I got mine off of Amazon and it was super cheap (under $20 for a whole pound), not to mention it’ll last you forever and you can make SO many things with it!

Either way, just for fun, check out these instructions on how to make activated charcoal powder…I think you’ll LOL :smiley:

Thanks I will check it out now.

Would I be able to sub the sea salt for sugar and make a sugar scrub instead? Or would that throw everything off? I’m asking because I find salt scrubs a little too abrasive for my sensitive skin :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@shawndabee yeah sure I don’t see why not! I’ve personally not tried it using sugar in this particular scrub, but I can imagine it would work just as well! Lemme know how it goes if you do make it though :slight_smile: