My toenails have turned yellow...why is that and how do I stop it?

Lately I’ve noticed that my toenails have turned a light yellowish color. I know there could be a hundred reasons for this, but what is the most common? And how do you treat it?

@babydoll86 yes you’re right, there are a number of reasons why your nails are turning yellow, BUT one of the most common ones is because of your nail polish. Continued use of nail polish will eventually turn your nails yellow due to discoloration.

Give your toe nails a nice long break if possible and scrub them with a nail brush and toothpaste every time you shower. Eventually, your nails should turn back to their natural color!

@babydoll86 try not applying any nail polish for a while and soak your nails in a solution of warm water, apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Then, scrub your nails with a toothbrush (one you won’t use after obvs!). If that doesn’t go away, I would suggest going to see a doctor as our nails can sometimes can an indicator of something else!

@babydoll86 I’ve had this before and it’s true what everyone is saying…it’s most likely your nail polish that’s simply staining your toe nails! Remove all the polish, clean and buff your nails really well, and apply a clear coat.