I’ve been suffering from eczema for a few years (on the hands), and I’m trying all kinds of different things to see what works. I’ve heard of people making their own eczema cream…does anyone have any experience with that or recipes they’d like to share?
@beehive67 I’ve been using this homemade eczema cream for about a year now and my flare-ups are way more controlled now. It’s all natural and doesn’t itch your skin like other creams do!
- 5 tbsp raw coconut oil
- 3 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp calendula oil
- 1/2 tbsp castor oil
- 4 vitamin E capsules
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 7 drops tea tree oil
- In a double boiler, melt coconut oil, shea butter, and castor oil.
- Pour the melted contents into a glass bowl and let cool for about an hour. Then, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or just until it starts to solidify.
- Once solidified, take a hand mixer or a stand mixer and beat on high for 3-5 minutes or untill stiff peaks form.
- Slowly start to add in the calendula oil, vitamin E, lavender, and tea tree oils.
- Mix again for a few minutes and scoop into a clean, airtight jar or container.
I don’t have eczema, but I have a friend who does and she swears by a mixture of coconut oil and castor oil. I think she does half coconut oil and have castor oil. Try it…it really couldn’t hurt and it’s all natural!
This is the ONLY eczema cream I use and it’s completely changed my skin! I rarely (if ever anymore) have flareups and that’s because I use it religiously every night before bed and every time after my hands get wet!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 20 drops lavender oil