Super duper dry nails?

Help! I’ve tried several different things to repair my nails, but they always seem to be super dry around the nail bed, which makes them look so gross! Anyone else experience this, and if so, how did you fix it?

I had the exact same issue for YEARS, and tried so many different creams, but ultimately, I found that I had been using super hot water to wish dishes which was one of the biggest culprits.

Another thing I’ve been doing 3-4 times a week (usually at night when I’m watching TV), is a hot oil nail treatment. What you do is mix coconut oil with a few drops of your fave essential oil and warm in the microwave for a few seconds. Make sure the mixture is not too hot, and then soak your fingernails in the warm oil for 10-15 minutes. Then, massage it in, and put on a pair of sleep gloves overnight. The next day, your hands will be amazingly soft and your nails will be shiny and moisturized. Worked for me, so I do hope it’ll work for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so I just tried out this hot oil thing and omg yes it toootally works!!! My nails were also always super dry and flaky (just gross basically) and I’ve been doing the hot oil treatment for about a week now and holy moly I can already see a HUGE difference! My nails are super shiny, super moisturized, and I swear they got stronger too! Thanks for the tip @naturalgirl7 :slight_smile: