What’d I do wrong? I made this recipe (can’t find it now of course) for a homemade lip balm but it did not come out at all! It was all mushy!!
Hmmm not sure what could have gone wrong unless you just didn’t let it set properly or maybe the recipe called for the wrong ingredients?? I make my own lip balm all the time - it’s such a fun and relatively easy process, so I’ll share my favourite recipe with u!
- 2 tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 30+ drops peppermint essential oil or any other type of essential oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- lip balm containers or small pots
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax pastilles, shea butter, and coconut oil until all melted and combined together.
- Remove pan from heat, but leave the mixture over the water to keep the mixture melted.
- Start by adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil and then smelling the mixture to make sure the scent is to your liking. If you like the scent, add 30-40 drops and stir well.
- Use a dropper to fill the lip balm tubes or pour the mixture into small pots.
- Do this quickly as the mixture will harden in no time!
- Leave the balm at room temperature for a few hours until they’re completely hardened.
- Use as you would any lip balm!
@thebeautysavant9 did u use beeswax or something else?
pretty sure I used beeswax…or so I thought it was beeswax??