What are some of the best essential oils for hair?

Are there any really great essential oils you can massage into the hair that will make it healthier?

@angie92 here are some of my favorite essential oils for hair:

Rosemary Essential Oil For Thinning & Breaking Hair

Stimulate hair growth and repair damaged hair by massaging 3-4 drops of rosemary essential oil with 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil (any vegetable oil such as coconut oil or olive oil). Do this every night before bed, making sure to massage for at least 2-3 minutes. Wash out in the morning and repeat again at night. You should see a difference in hair strength, thickness, and overall health in a couple of weeks!

Sage Essential Oil for Grey Hair

If you’re starting to notice some gray hair, or you already have a bunch, sage essential oil will be your best friend! Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 4-5 drops of sage essential oil and apply to roots. Let sit overnight and wash out in the morning. Do this 3-4 times a week until you start to see results!

Tea Tree Essential Oil

Get rid of dandruff the natural way with tea tree oil. Add 2 drops of tea tree essential oil to your shampoo to get rid of dandruff and/or lice. Works like a charm!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

@angie92 I just put a few drops of tea tree essential oil in my shampoo/conditioner. I have pretty dark hair so I sometimes suffer from dandruff and this keep the dandruff in check, plus it leaves my hair super soft and manageable!

I regularly use lavender essential oil on my hair and this is because it has hair growth properties, as well as antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which are great for scalp health.

Just mix in about 3 drops of lavender oil with some carrier oil like coconut oil and massage into the scalp OR just add a few drops of it into your shampoo!

Tea tree oil is by far one of the most beneficial essential oils, but lavender can also help with a ton of hair problems too!

I used tea tree oil when I had some pretty bad dandruff, and it worked like a charm! Best and easiest thing to do is just to add a few drops to your shampoo and/or conditioner. Makes things easy and you don’t have to remember to apply it all the time.