What is your favorite DIY face mask and why?

Do you have a go-to face mask that you always make? Looking for the best homemade face mask for oily and/or acne prone skin!

I have super duper oily skin, especially in the summer, and my go to face mask is this mud mask which incorporates yogurt and banana! It leaves my skin absolutely glowing and no more oiliness!

• 2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp buttermilk
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp lemon juice

Just mix all the ingredients together and apply to freshly washed skin. I leave mine on for like 20-25 minutes, and then wash it off.

1 Like

Having suffered from acne and oily skin since a teenager (I’m 35 now), I know the struggle!!

Do yourself a favor and order the Aztec Indian Healing Clay from Amazon! It does WONDERS! You just mix in 1 tbsp of the clay with about 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (or just water if you have sensitive skin), leave it on for about 5 minutes and remove with a wet washcloth.

Your skin will be a little red afterwards, but that will go away! Use it 2-3 times a week for severe acne, or 1-2 times a week for milder breakouts. You won’t regret it!!

Mix about 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp ground nutmeg. Put on clean skin and let sit for like 10-15 minutes. It may sting a little, but that just means it’s working! Love this mask because it also works to remove acne scars and dark spots!

I SECOND the indian healing clay OMG everyone should try this it’s a miracle clay!!

For super oily skin, I recommend a mixture of lemon juice and oatmeal. Make sure the oatmeal is super super fine and then just mix in enough lemon juice to create a paste. Put that on and leave it for 10-15 minutes. If you have sensitive skin though, I would recommend against this!

Ditto!! Here’s what the Indian healing clay looks like!

indian%20healing%20clay

Not really a face mask to combat acne BUT here is my all-time favorite DIY face mask that I just HAVE to share with the world because it’ll leave your skin GLOWING no joke!

Mix about 2 tbsp of plain yogurt with about 2 tsp of lemon juice and apply to skin. Leave it on for as long as you’d like and wash it off. I use this once or twice a week (more if I remember!), and my skin feels baby soft afterwards!

Whenever I have any breakouts, I like to use this applesauce face mask and it works wonders! Apples are acidic and therefore almost work like a facial peel, leaving your skin super smooth and clean!

2 tbsp applesauce
1 tbsp finely ground oats
1 tsp pure honey
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon OR lime juice

Mix all of the ingredients together and apply to clean skin. Leave on for 20 minutes and remove with a warm washcloth. Repeat 2-3 times a week for best results!

Mix a little bit of clay with some water and apple cider vinegar. By far the best face mask you can make for acne prone skin!

this almost sounds like it’s good enough to eat :joy:

Castor oil + turmuric makes an exellent pac for reducing bags under the eyes. always finish with a cold water rinse and a gentle application of aloe vera gel…

Some time few facial mask alot of acne or damage my skin but this tips is very useful and interesting for face and this tips i personally want to trying. Thanks for this tips.

I am using charcoal peel off face masks. Charcoal peel off face masks present an easier and simpler way to be able to deal with skin issues such as oiliness, acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. These masks can also help you have smoother and brighter skin, and can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging