What's your go-to thickening hair mask?

Do ya’ll have a favorite hair mask you use to get thicker, and longer hair? I feel like there are thousands of hair growth recipes out there, but it’s very hard to believe which ones are real and which are fake. So, if you have any good recipes that actually WORK please share them :slight_smile:

About 2-3 times a week, a do a concoction of mayoannaise (about half a cup), about a tablespoon of honey, and the juice of a lime or lemon. Run that through dry hair and let it sit for at least 1-2 hours. Remember, the longer you leave a hair mask on, the more time it has to do its thing and penetrate the hair shaft.

@annieb use this on your hair twice a week and i swear you’ll start seeing a HUGE difference! The ingredients in this are totally natural and will actually work to thicken fine hair as well as to promote faster hair growth!

• 1/2 an avocado
  • 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
  • 1 egg
  • 15 drops rosemary essential oil

The fatty acids in the avocado and coconut oil really help to hydrate dry hair, which in turn promotes hair growth and thickening.
The egg is packed full of protein to help strengthen otherwise weak hair.
Rosemary essential oil has been used for hundreds of years to help stimulate hair growth!

Just mix all of the ingredients together and slowly massage into the scalp. Try to massage into hair for at least 5 mins just to get the blood flow going. Then, leave on overnight if possible. Wash out, and rinse with an apple cider vinegar rinse (half ACV, half distilled water). It’ll really cleanse the hair and leave it nice and shiny!

@annieb I use a hot oil hair treatment every time before I was my hair, and I swear it’s made my hair so much thicker, healthier, and longer.

So here’s what you do!

Take some coconut oil and mix it in with a little bit of castor oil. If you don’t have castor oil, that’s ok, just use coconut oil, but castor oil is said to have some pretty amazing properties when it comes to hair health, and it’s not expensive either! Plus, when you use castor oil, you’ll only use a little bit (about a tablespoon or so) because it’s got a very thick consistency!

Heat the oils up in a microwave safe dish for about 20 seconds. Test the oils before pouring onto hair to make sure it’s not too hot. Apply the hot oils to the scalp and massage gently. Now you’ll wanna cover your hair with a wet and hot towel. Leave it on for at least half an hour and wash out. Shampoo and condition as you normally would and style regularly.

You’ll immediately notice softer and shinier hair, and within a couple of weeks of doing this, you’ll also notice thicker, healthier hair :slight_smile:

@annieb I use this thickening mask once or twice a week (sometimes more depending on how my week goes!). It contains onion oil, aloe vera gel, castor oil, coconut oil, and a few drops of tea tree essential oil. THe onion oil may sound weird but onions are actually really good for your scalp…try it and you seriously won’t regret it!

• 1 cup onion oil
  • 1/2 cup fresh aloe vera gel
  • 1/4 cup castor oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • a few drops of tea tree essential oil

Stir all the ingredients together and massage into the hair. Be sure to massage into scalp for a few minutes to get the blood flowing! Leave it on for as long as you like (the longer the better) and rinse out!

1 Like

@sarahbeets where do I get onion oil from?? Or do you just make it at home?