Why do my nails break all the time?

Is it some sort of vitamin deficiency or am I simply using the wrong nail polishes? If anyone has some sort of “miracle” cure to make my nails stop breaking CONSTANTLY…PLEASE share!!

@debbieanne it could be for a number of reasons, but usually, the number one thing for breakage is a calcium deficiency. Think about taking calcium tablets to strengthen the nails and reduce breakage. You could also try nail strengthening serums which you can easily make yourself:

Soak your nails in a mixture of 2 egg yolks, 1/4 cup of milk, 2 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tbsp honey. Let your nails soak in there for a good 20 minutes. Do this as often as you can (every day would be ideal!). Eventually, the proteins from the egg and the calcium from the milk should start to strengthen your nails!

Overexposure to water and chemical agents can cause the nails to break over time. When washing dishes or using cleaning products, do your best to wear rubber gloves every single time. A lot of exposure to moisture will break down the nail and make it break.

Even though moisture from is inevitable,it’s really important to constantly hydrate your hands and nails. Massage the hands and nails every night with a thick body butter or coconut oil.

There could be other underlying causes as well. Nail breakage doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re not getting enough calcium. If it happens a lot, I would suggest talking to your doctor about it! A broken nail here and there is normal, but constant nail breakage is not!