Hair Mask for Hair Growth?

Do you have a preferred hair mask you use to encourage hair growth?? I have very fine, thine, and prone-to-breakage hair. Tried a few different masks, but none seem to do the trick like I really need it to! Heeelp!

1 Like

I am obsessed with hair masks and have tried so many different ones, but my absolute fave would have to be this DIY egg mask for hair growth! It does smell a little funky, but every time after I use it I feel my hair getting stronger!

Mix 2 egg whites with 1 tbsp ginger juice and 2 tbsp fresh aloe gel. Apply to dry, unwashed hair and leave on for about 30 minutes. Rinse it out and shampoo and condition.

I use it 2-3 times a week consistently and have seen some HUGE improvements!

1 Like

What I do, instead of making hair masks, is I like to add different ingredients to my shampoo or conditioner!

Depending on your hair type, you can add aloe vera, honey, castor oil, rose water, or coconut oil! I like to add a combination of rose water and castor oil and it leaves my hair super strong and silky!

1 Like

Yeah I do that too!! I really feel like it made a difference in the texture of my hair,especially in dry, winter months!

Another thing I like to do is just slather on castor oil and coconut oil and massage it into my scalp. Castor oil is supossed to encourage hair growth faster than anything else, so I highly recommend you get yourself a bottle asap!

1 Like

I’m a huge believer in aloe vera and so I use it in all of my DIY beauty products! This hair growth mask uses aloe vera (obvs!) but also makes it stronger and shinier!

Mix 3 tablespoons of pure aloe gel (make sure it’s 100% aloe vera), about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil OR castor oil, and 1 egg. Massage that into dry hair and leave on for about an hour. Make sure to rinse it out really well and shampoo and condition.

Your hair will feel and look sooo incredibly soft!!

1 Like

For me, an avocado hair mask is the holy grail! It contains fatty acids which helps to hydrate and moisturize dry hair, which is the first step in achieving long, strong hair!

Just mash up a ripe avocado and massage it through your hair. Let is sit for half an hour and rinse out. Make sure to repeat twice a week!

1 Like

Coconut & aloe FTW!

Just mix about half a cup of fresh aloe vera gel with a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and massage it into your scalp! I like to keep mine on overnight, and rinse it out in the morning.

But you can also just leave it on for half an hour! It will strengthen the hair follicles and make your hair grow fast. I’ve noticed a difference after using it twice a week for about a month!

1 Like

You HAVE to try this okra gel hair mask - it’s a frikken miracle worker! All you need to make this is a few fresh pieces of okra (the vegetable) and some water. From there, you’re gonna make a gel out of it and and then apply it to your hair. Apparently there’s something in that okra slime (kinda gross I know) that really works to lengthen hair…here’s the full recipe:

2 Likes

i think people with our type of hair are just hopeless when it comes to growing out our hair! :frowning:

1 Like

@ericafoxx This sounds super interesting - may just have to give it a try! Although I’m not even sure I’ve ever seen okra at my grocery store? Probably never really looked for it though! I wonder, can you just buy okra gel without having to go through the process of making it??

@thebeautyfanatic I massage this hair mask into my scalp 2-3 times a week and my hair is super healthy!!

Mix in 1 egg, a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of castor oil (if you don’t have castor oil you can just substitute for coconut oil) and half a cup of yogurt.

The egg is full of proteins and helps to strengthen the hair. Castor oil and olive oil hydrate and promote quicker growth, and the yogurt helps to exfoliate the scalp which in turn helps with growth :slight_smile:

Leave that on for like 15-20 minutes and rinse off!

1 Like

@leonie25 I don’t see why not yeah! Okra should be at your local grocer, but if not, check out an Asian grocery store, they should totally have it! And if not, a ready-made okra gel should be fine as long as it’s 100% natural :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okra, really?!? Can’t say I’ve heard of this one, but will definitely give it a try!!

Try this super easy hair mask…I apply it once or twice a week (sometimes more if I have the time/remember):

• 2 tbsp castor oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp honey

All the ingredients are natural and will strengthen your hair! Just mix them all up and massage into the scalp and ends. Leave on for as long as you’d like (at least 20 minutes) and rinse out!

You’ll get super shiny, soft hair!

1 Like

it’s time to stop dunking your breads in olive oil and use it to whip up these DIY haircare remedies instead:
1. Hair Strengthening Mask with olive oil, eggs and honey

This one promises to do everything – strengthen, moisturise and nourish the hair – leaving it with a noticeable shine as you wash it off.

• Start by cracking one egg in a bowl and whisking it well.
• Add two tbsp. olive oil to it.
• Add two tbsp. honey to it. Mix well.
• Apply it and leave it on for half an hour before rinsing it with lukewarm water to reveal soft, shiny and strong hair.

read more

Welcome to the community @angel_mudi - we’re glad to have you here :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing your recipe, it sounds like a great mask not only for hair growth but also for dry hair!

I heard it’s not good to apply various stuff on hair cause it damages Ph balance. I usually just put some mango butter on tips of my hair and then wash it away.

I really like this Shu Uemura Ultimate Reset Maske
I usually sit with a mask for half an hour before going to bed
in the morning the skin of the face is very smooth

@KenanDavid I am looking for hair masks hehe but thank you for sharing anyways!

Hi @thebeautyfanatic
I would personally suggest you using the artNaturals Argan Hair Mask.
Most of my customers are really satisfied with this product.
Further, if you have used this product already then you can go for Olaplex Hair Perfector. It is also one of the best products in the market right now.